Did you know that the roof of your home is exposed to maximum stress and strain? Yes, the roof experiences the maximum exposure to natural elements and also has to take the full brunt of the changes in weather and external environmental conditions. It is also the least looked after structure within the house. Most of us go in for wall upgrades like a new coat of paint or maybe an installation of a bathtub or a Jacuzzi in our bathrooms, but how many of us go in for regular roof repair or roof upgrade? For most people the last time they saw their roof was when it was constructed, or when they last cleaned the gutters. Like any structure, if a roof is not maintained properly will deteriorate and get damaged. In spite of the improvement in roofing designs in recent years, roofs still have a relatively shorter life that the walls. This is a direct result of both the vertical as well as the horizontal stresses that the roof experiences. There are many things that cause roof damage; here at the 10 most common factors:
- Earthquake and other natural disasters.
- Incorrect design.
- Extreme environmental conditions prevailing outside like snow, hail storm or gust of wind.
- Poor material used in the construction of roof. .
- Improper shielding from water and direct sunlight.
- Thinner layer than advised in the location where the roof has been installed
- Presence of hanging trees and branches on a roof.
- Lack of proper maintenance during the life of a roof.
- Age of a roof.
These are just a few of the factors that can contribute to damage on a roof. SB Roofing knows that regular roof maintenance and roof inspection is key to keeping your roof "alive." If you haven't checked out your roof in a long time or if you cant even remember the last time you did, contact us today and we'll be happy to assist you in any way possible regarding your roof.