SB Roofing Incorporated Receives 2012 Best of Virginia Beach Award
The Roof System Solution -- all about your Roof and Shingles
Below is a diagram and brief overview of the components that make up a safe and secure roofing system, protecting your home from the elements.
Install Any GAF Lifetime Shingle & You'll Automatically Get: A Lifetime ltd. warranty on your shingles and all qualifying GAF accessories!* PLUS Non-prorated coverage for the first 10 years!** [To get even stronger coverage choose a System Plus or Golden Pledge® ltd. warranty from a GAF factory-certified contractor! (Click here to compare warranty choices.)]
* See GAF Shingle & Accessory Ltd. Warranty for complete coverage and restrictions. The word "Lifetime" means as long as the original individual owner of a single family detached residence (or the second owner in certain circumstances) owns the property where the shingles and accessories are installed. For owners/structures not meeting above criteria, Lifetime coverage is not applicable. Lifetime ltd. warranty on accessories requires the use of at least three qualifying GAF accessories and the use of Lifetime Shingles.
** On your Lifetime Shingles and qualifying GAF accessories.
Note: The Lifetime Roofing System is new for 2012, so some individual product packages may reference the previous (pre-2012) warranty coverage. Please consult this website for the most up-to-date warranty information.
Deck Armor or Shingle Mate premium underlayments
Superior Quality Roof Deck Protection Can Protect And Beautify At The Same Time! Quality roof deck protection:
- Prevents wind-driven rain. . .
(or water from other sources) from infiltrating under your shingles and causing damage to your roof structure or the inside of your home
- Provides an extra layer of protection. . .
between your shingles and your roof deck
- Lays flatter. . .
and will not buckle when installed
- Helps reduce blow-off. . .
by allowing your shingles to lay flatter and more uniformly
Weather Watch is Ice & Water Shield, it provides exceptional protection against leaks caused by property movement and extreme weather. It also seals nail penetrations. It won't leak, ensures a 100% watertight seal.
A leak barrier helps prevent wind-driven rain from leaking through the roof deck, or melting ice and snow (caused by ice dams in harsh winter climates) from leaking into a property’s interior. It adds extra protection in valleys and at eave and rake edges—the most leak-prone areas of the roof. Strongly recommended for chronic problem areas like skylights, dormers, vent pipes, chimneys, and other flashing areas.
Starter Strip Shingles
Pre-cut starter strip shingles will speed installation time while helping to prevent shingle blow-offs because of their factory-applied adhesive strips.
Choosing the right shingle can increase the value of your home. GAF and ELK have teamed up to offer you many great premium choices, Including Timberline and Prestique High Definition the # 1 selling shingles in North America. The color and style of the shingles you choose will define the look and appeal of your home.
Timbertex or Seal a Ridge: A distinctive ridge cap shingle will:
- Accentuate the natural beauty of your newly installed architectural shingle roof (or even add dimension and depth to a strip shingle roof)
- Insure multi-layer protection at the highest-stress areas of your roof (the hips and ridges)
- Provide a striking and higher quality alternative to using cut-up strip shingles as your ridge cap
Cobra and Master Flow vents help remove heat and moisture from your attic. Poor attic ventilation can ruin your insulation, destroy your shingles, and raise your energy bills!
Why Take Risks? It is estimated that 9 out of 10 homes in North America do not have proper attic ventilation. Why? Because most people are unaware that attic ventilation can impact the longevity of their entire home!
For example, in the summer, an improperly ventilated attic can cause heat to build in excess of 160°F. This superheated air eventually penetrates the ceiling insulation into the living area below.
Types of damage that can result include:
- Premature aging of your roofing system (“fried” shingles)
- Warping, cracking, or breaking down of wood framing
- Damage to siding, exterior or interior paint, and wallpaper
- Higher energy costs
Skylights are the perfect way to add natural light to family rooms, kitchens, bathrooms, or any room that would benefit from the architectural style and luxury of a skylight!
Liberty a self-adhering membrane roofing system will provide long-lasting protection for the low slope areas of your property without the danger or hassles associated with open torches or hot asphalt.
Shingle Match accessory paint enhance the beauty of your new or existing roof.
- Hide virtually all unsightly protrusions on the roof including vent pipes, exhaust vents, or flashings
- Resist rust on roof accessories that can stain or discolor your roof shingles
- Ensure a neat and finished look to your new or existing roof
ABOUT SB ROOFING
Commercial and Residential Class A Contractor
Here at SB Roofing, we are dedicated to providing quality products, craftsmanship, and service. But, more importantly, we want to assure that you are completely satisfied with the job we do for you.
We are experienced providers of the industry's most secure residential roofing solutions, providing Hampton Roads homeowners with over 25 years experience. From immediate roofing estimates to quick service to final clean-up, we have built our reputation on protecting your most important investment - your home!
We pay special attention to detail by having continuous job supervision and highly qualified installers on every job. Also, SB Roofing maintains discreet relationships with roofing manufacturers and distributors, allowing us to provide you with the best prices, availability and selection at all times. And our work is backed by a full warranty that covers labor & materials.
Request a Free Estimate
Shingles are the most popular style of roofing for residential buildings. They are also the most cost effective..READ MORE
Standing Seam Metal
Standing seam metal roofs have a more modern look. They are available in steel or aluminum, and a variety of thicknesses.READ MORE
Cedar wood shakes, above all, add a beautiful luster to your home. Whether you like the hand-split style or the perfections...READ MORE